Charitable Contribution or Solicitations

Thank you for your interest in assisting the Virginia Department of State Police. Please be advised that the Virginia State Police does not conduct fundraising activities, nor is the agency able to accept donations.

There are many organizations that Virginia State Police personnel may belong to, if they choose. These associations are fraternal/professional organizations and can be compared to other professional associations, such as those for nurses and teachers. Organizationally, these associations are not a part of the Virginia Department of State Police. They are separate entities that are not a part of state government. Donations made to these organizations are not made to the Virginia State Police.

The following are a few organizations that do solicit and may use the phrase "State Police" in their solicitations: the Police Association of Virginia (PAV), the Virginia State Police Association (VSPA), the Virginia State Police Chapter of the Police Benevolent Association (PBA), the Virginia Troopers Alliance, the American Association of State Troopers' Virginia Troopers' Lodge, and the Virginia State Police Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police.

If contacted by a charity or organization soliciting a donation, you can research the charity/organization through the Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs online at, the Virginia Attorney General's Office
, or by calling toll-free (800) 552-0063 or (804) 786-2042.