Where are fingerprints taken?
- State Police Headquarters, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, North Chesterfield, VA 23235. Phone: (804) 674-2000.
- State Police Division and area offices. Call the Division or area office to ensure the correct time and location.
When are fingerprints taken?
- Hours for State Police Headquarters are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- For other State Police locations, call to ensure the correct time and location.
What should I bring?
- Two valid forms of identification are required as listed in the Virginia State Police Identification Validation Guide for Fingerprinting.
- One must be selected from the approved Photo Identification listing.
- The second form of identification can come from either the Photo Identification or Secondary Identification listing.
- Only original documentation are accepted; no photocopies are allowed.
How much do fingerprints cost?
- $10 for the first card.
- $5 for each additional card.
How can I pay for fingerprints?
- Payment options for VSP services will vary by location, please visit our payments page for a complete listing.
- No Personal Checks Accepted
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT
Your fingerprints will be used to check the criminal history records of the FBI and the Central Criminal Records Exchange (CCRE) of the Virginia State Police. You have the right to expect that officials receiving the results of the criminal history record check will use it only for authorized purposes and will not retain or disseminate it in violation of state or federal statute, regulation or executive order, or rule, procedure or standard established by the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact Council. Read the full Privacy Act >>
NOTE: Virginia State Police employees cannot give legal advice, nor interpret the law for members of the public. Information within this website is provided for general guidance purposes only and may not apply to all factual situations. Persons needing legal advice may contact Virginia Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 552-7977 to be referred to a private attorney for a 30-minute consultation for a pre-paid fee of $35.00.